English Proficiency courses are designed to improve the student’s four primary linguistic skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing. The courses focus on allowing students to achieve English comprehension and production fluency at a pace that is both comfortable yet challenging.
The BASIC Course enables students to:
- Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance.
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
The ADVANCED Course enables students to:
- Understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognize implicit meaning.
- Express fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.